Monday, August 10, 2015

Should be a Postscript!

A few months ago I wrote about the subject of aging, being invisible to people in the streets and how those with white hair (like me) are treated like they don't exist.  Some may disagree with  my subject but it was my observation, no one elses.  To disagree is good, to agree even better.

Now I don't like to get into anything political and even some religious points but I thought this a little ironic that at the time I was writing it my daughter in law Jennifer Rothschild was writing a book titled Invisible. It was not the same subject as mine but pretty close.  I had no idea she was getting published with this in August.

Today I received her book.  The title is "Invisible".  If you want to call it a religious book, okay but it was so right on for today and all those younger than us elders ,who may feel neglected, invisible of sorts to others, invisible to self, that I couldn't put it down. In fact, in the days and years gone by I wish I had that book to read.  It is a love story from Hosea book in the bible that Jennifer relates us to.

It is now in stores and on Amazon but first go to theinvisiblebook.org to see what I am talking about.  I must say that I missed putting one  sentence on my blog that I wrote a few months ago about the subject of being Invisible and that is "You are not Invisible to God".

3 comments:

  1. I don't think books such as this one are so much religious as a parable reminding us of how we should live, act and react. Sounds like a good read.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for a new post from you. This book is a good reason to post and I'll check it out -- although I am a white-haired lady who does not feel invisible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally,I cannot tolerate mediocrity. How do you find her book - a - piece of art or just an accidental non-distinctive book? Generally speaking it should a great feeling to hold the book of your daughter!

    ReplyDelete